[Mageia-artwork] Installer graphics for alpha2

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:55:20 CET 2011

Hi,

pending a more comprehensive review of the installer (I'm starting
with this), I dug deeper into the source package to see what to
change.

Alexander, if we are to implement something matching your
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316230@N06/5424891049/ mockup (at
least, going into this direction), we can compare with the actual
current installer http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmoi/5448019052/ .

The next steps would be:
 - providing the rollover bar in the left menu; although I am not sure
the alpha layer would work at this point, so maybe could you provide
one rollover with an alpha layer and a darker opaque one (so that
clear text contrasts with it). It should be 196x24 pixels, PNG format;
 - providing the dots (8x8 PNG for now);
 - providing the main body gray background (600x625 and 600x768, PNG too);
 - I will remove corner images (useless now);
 - for buttons and progress bar, this really depends on the gtk theme
used and I'm not sure here how to do that;
 - as for fonts, I don't know either.

That would be a start. I'll push another mail for the boot sequence.

Thanks!

Romain