[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Wed Mar 2 15:29:09 CET 2011

I don't agree at all, I like it as it is currently with no email address
and only the nickname.

Email addresses will get harvested by spam-bots (has happened to me already
on MDV rpms I published in a third party repo).

Users should contact packagers vis email, they should file a bug report or
post a mail to the ML, I would certainly not want to get direct mails by
users!

With regards to real names, not everybody likes to publically use their
real name on the internet, I certainly don't like it.

Mandriva was a company so that was a different situation. In a lot of FOSS
projects all contributors are only known by their nicknames so that's
common practice.

At the very least each packager should be able to decide him/herself if
they want their real name or their nickname to appear in the rpm
changelogs.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/